NEW VACANCY: FURNITURE SPRAYER / FINISHER REQUIRED
To prepare and apply lacquer finishes to preassembled furniture from the furniture store to a high standard of quality and on time.
Sprayer/ Finisher experience is essential
Responsibilities and Duties
We are seeking a perfectionist who relishes the opportunity to create and apply unique finishes to bespoke furniture being manufactured for high end residential projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparation, masking and finishing and must be confident with use of all stains, lacquers and paints, with good knowledge of finishing applications and techniques. An eye for detail and quality is essential. Responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a team, and on own initiative, prepare and lacquer items of furniture delivered into the spraying department from the workshop. Work closely with the Spraying Manager to ensure the parts are sprayed in accordance with the build schedule.
- Apply the lacquer in accordance with specification, observing preparation, application and drying procedures.
- Ensure the quality meets the company expectation of ‘right first time’.
- Identify any issues during the spraying process which might compromise quality.
- Observe a strict policy within your working area, ensuring it is kept clean and tidy, with materials stored in a structured way. Help keep the workshop well organised and free from obstructions.
- Work always in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job and be willing to communicate new ideas for improvement.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be motivated and enthusiastic, keen to contribute and to make a difference, with a positive approach and strong problem-solving skills.
- Be able to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Be willing to grow & develop within the company.
- Have own means of transport due to location of workshop.
If you feel you would be suited to the job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary negotiable on experience.
Please only get in touch if you have previous experience in spraying as this is a must.