NEW VACANCY: ASSISTANT ESTIMATOR REQUIRED
We are once again expanding and are looking for an exceptional individual to join our office team as an Assistant Estimator with an ambition to grow in to the role of Senior Estimator. The role will be based at our workshop and office in Ongar, Essex.
DUTIES Including but not limited to:
- Log all new enquires, making sure all documentation is correctly logged.
- Undertake quantity take-offs, both manually and digitally, from tender documents and drawings.
- Ensure all tenders are managed and update supervisors about potential challenges.
- Work alongside the Estimating Manager in the preparation of tender submissions.
- Negotiate price and terms with client team in order to win projects at best rates, under supervision of Estimating Manager/Directors.
- Visit potential clients alongside Project Manager for Pre-contract meetings.
- Coordinate and prepare detailed handovers to the Design Team for project initiation.
- Work with Production Director and wider Kaizen team in developing and building upon standard quoting rates.
- Update terms and conditions as and when appropriate with the agreement of the Directors.
- Get feedback upon project completion to assist with future quotations.
- Update any branding requirements to the format of quotation by liaising with the Marketing & Business Development Manager.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
Good Microsoft Office skills.
Excellent ability to understand, analyse and extract relevant information from Architects & Designer’s drawings.
Meticulous with figures.
Excellent attention to detail and methodical approach.
Strong organisation and time management skills.
Excellent people skills; confident communicator, personable and presentable – will be primary contact prior to work being awarded, with some exceptions.
Commercial awareness and negotiation skills.
Previous experience in a complimentary role beneficial – Design/Draughtsperson, Furniture Maker/Contractor, Junior Quantity Surveyor or Estimator.
An interest in furniture design/interior design/architecture is beneficial.
A-Level or equivalent (Required)
Joinery qualification (Preferable)
SALARY £30,000 – £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
If you believe you’re a good candidate for this role, please contact email@example.com