NEW VACANCY: SENIOR JOINERY ESTIMATOR REQUIRED
Job type: Full time
Salary: 40k – 50k
Location: Ongar, Essex
Start date: Position available immediately
Applications to: email@example.com
Kaizen Furniture have an exciting opportunity for an individual with previous industry experience to join our dedicated, hardworking and friendly team as an Estimator, working on the most prestigious projects at the highest end of the residential market.
The right candidate will have prior experience working in a complimentary role (as an estimator, quantity surveyor, designer or draughtsperson) for a Furniture Maker or Contractor, with a strong understanding of both the tender and design process.
Reporting directly to the Managing Directors, primary responsibilities will include dealing with new and qualified enquiries and handling all tender documentation.
This is a client facing role. The candidate must possess excellent people skills and be well-presented, confident in dealing with clients/architects/interior designers/contractors and quantity surveyors.
Skills and Experience required:
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills; Excel Macros
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent ability to understand, read, analyse and pick apart architects/designers drawings
- Good sketching ability for working out details for pricing purposes
- Meticulous with figures
- Excellent attention to detail, methodical approach essential
- Good understanding of JCT contracts and contractual documents
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Excellent person skills; confident communicator, personable and presentable – will be primary contact prior to work being awarded, with some exceptions
- Passionate to achieve goals and strike deals
- Commercial awareness and negotiation skills
- An interest in furniture design/interior design/architecture is beneficial.